Preferred video specifications:*
- Resolution: 1920×1080 or 1280×720
- Frame rate: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 or 60
- File format: MOV or MP4
- Codec: H.264
- Bit rate: 6,000 to 20,000 kbit/s
Preferred audio specifications:
- Codec: AAC (Advanced Audio Codec)
- Data rate: 192 to 320 kbit/s
* We can support other file formats, but note that we may need to transcode your file to ensure that all judges can view it across all devices.
For campaigns and series, please edit all videos into a single video file.
Note: This year, we will be enforcing a stricter set of rules for Solo Project categories.
- Solo Projects are directed, designed and animated by a single person. No exceptions.
- All Solo Project entries must include a full credits listing.
- Sound design, music and voiceover of an entry may be created by any number of people and will not count against an entry’s “Solo Project” status.
- If the project credits are found to be false or incomplete, the entry will be withdrawn without a refund.
No, two different companies (or individuals) cannot enter the same work in the same category.
In the case of duplicate entries, we will accept the entry that paid first.
Note: For the Sound categories, a company may enter a project that was entered into a non-Sound category by a different company.
Clients and agencies can enter work that was primarily produced internally.
Any company or individual may enter The Motion Awards, provided they were the primary creators of the project being submitted.
For student categories, you must have been a student (full-time or part-time) at the time you created the project you are entering. All student entries must have been created as part of coursework.